Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Driving in Guate

Time is flying by.  Days are full - loving my time here.  Seldom do I take photos of work projects - but lots of them going on.  The team here from Lynden WA is awesome and I enjoy getting to see folks that I have to know over the past few years.  Lots of painting and cleaning going on.  The guys have been welding and doing construction repair.  Of course always lots of playing, loving on kids, and helping with homework now that school has started.
             Valerie and Joselyn in their pj's getting ready for bath time.
              Valeria and Elana making play food out of a flower.
I suppose you can say I am now officially Guatemalan - I have driven three times now.  First time with Pedro and boys, second time with the awesome intern Courtney (pronounced Cournney here:)
and the third time I drove alone to pick the boys up from school.  Have been wanting to drive
the past couple times I have been here, just never have for it is a bit different driving here than in the States.  No seat belts required, although we do wear them, sometimes:)
They don't have a limit on how many people can squeeze into a van or the back of a truck.
The side doors of vans used for shuttles or seldom closed since someone is always hanging out of it
trying to get more riders. 
The stops signs are usually on the other side of the road, BUT not always.  Could be on any of the four corners that you are approaching.  Cars, buses and trucks share the road and sometimes get very close.
                                                 Hauling carrots to the Market.
The kids took a selfie when I picked them up after school. Cute except for Eliceo sticking his tongue out.  The kids did help me maneuver through some very tight spots going home!! Lots of traffic at school time and the road leading up to Eagle's Nest is not always wide enough for two cars.  Can get very interesting. 

Thank you for your prayers and support

Blessings,

Denise



No comments:

Post a Comment