Monday, January 14, 2013

Arrived at Eagle's Nest


Arrived at Eagle's Nest yesterday. Easy day of travel except for waiting on runway in Houston for about 45 minutes due to weather.  OH, and then got caught in some pretty crazy traffic jams during the three hour drive to the home.  Some sort of Fiesta being held so some roads were shut down.  Love the sights and sounds of Guatemala.  Since it was Sunday many, many people walking to and from church with their families.  Wish I could post some photos but having technical difficulties - will post later.  Was greeted at the gate by the older boys and yells of Denise, Denise.  Melted my heart of course.  Met all the new children and babies - lots on new names to remember. One of the new babies was found in a dumpster and brought to the Home very recently.  She is adorable and I got to love and hug on her today.


Today was spent running errands with Claire and getting settled in.  The weather is very pleasant, about 75 during the day and in the 40's at night.  It isn't rainy season but the mosquitoes can be bad this time of year.
Tomorrow I will be helping the interns that are here for a year paint, clean and rearrange things.

What has been on my heart since I left Austin is that this trip is not about me.  I am simply the hands and feet that represent those that have made it possible. I am so very, very grateful for the opportunity to serve here in the name of so many. The prayers, love, encouragement, and support that I have received have been incredible.  I am so very, very, thankful.

Hope to get photos and blog again tomorrow.

New Kids - Brothers- always together

Lots of new Babies

Love and blessings,

Denise

Ephesians 17:17
 And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you Trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you arrived safely! Sounds like your trip is off to a great start! May you be surrounded in love and light as you continue your work at Eagle's Nest! Un abrazo grande!

    ReplyDelete