Monday, January 26, 2015

Time Does Fly

Hard to believe my stay is coming to an end. Four more days here, leave for Guat City thursday and fly out early Friday. As I sit here looking at a gorgeous sunrise my mind races with a list of things that I would like to get done before I leave. The thing is, just like at home, the list here never ends, just changes. And although some of the things on the list may be the same, they are different. Storage bins for the babies clothes, not the cute little bins you see in catalogs. Just square sturdy plastic bins that will have a piece of masking tape with childs name on it. They will be stacked underneath the counter space where the babies and toddlers are bathed in sinks. Storage space is a challenge if you are raising 48 children. The bins work very well but have just been worn out over the years. I am hopeful that Claire and I can find them nearby today. They have been on list since I arrived. The dungeon, that has been renamed "Wonderland" is much better than it was but could use a lot more help. Thankful for the ladies that helped with that project this month! It is area that clothes, shoes, extra toys, and all items donated are stored and organized so they can be accessed as needed. The thing is, a great deal of time is spent throwing out torn, tattered, and soiled clothes. I won't get on my soapbox about that but have witnessed same thing when I helped with warehouse donations for the Fires we had in Bastrop. The time and energy it takes to organize and go through is one thing. More importantly is having a child or family come for assistance that has Nothing, and giving them the same type of torn, tattered soiled clothes they are wearing breaks my heart. I realize something is better than nothing. But if it was my family, my child, my dear friends, I would be so grateful for clean clothes for them to put on. The kids here are hard on clothes, all ages of children here have one drawer and maybe one little area for shoes. So whatever you can store there is what they have and is worn repeatedly so they wear out quickly. Okay, enough on that, you get my jest, thanks for letting me share. Here or there our list go on and on, but is that what really matters? We all know it doesn't, but have to have reminders from time to time to get back on track. Usually that involves loosing a loved one. But it also happens here. The most important thing I can do here is play and love on the kids and continute to build amazing relationships with them. Not just with the kids, but the workers, Mama's, interns, and the Bogg's and Patlan's that keep this place running smoothly. So that is what I will do with my remaining time here. While they kids are in school will try and get things checked off list, but come 1:00 I will be hanging with as many of them as I can. I am so grateful for my time here and the wonderful friendships I have formed. I am thankful I have not had to deal with any illness while I have been here. Prayers that continues this week and that all travel goes smoothly Thursday and Friday. I always say I am going to share more stories when I get home but I never do. This time I truly hope to share a few since I have not blogged much this trip because of computer issues. Thank you for your prayers and for keeping up with my journey. D

No comments:

Post a Comment