Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Trying to blog

Well I am finally able to blog on my computer but can't get the photos to load. It may be time for a new laptop... Will just share a few brief stories and hopefully you can look at my facebook page and see the photos. They tell the story better than anything I could write - because remember - I am not a writer. Just sharing from my heart. Being here is such a blessing and I am so grateful for all those that make it possible. The kids have been busy with crafts, face painting, water ballon fights, dancing, soccer, and many other activities with teams that are here serving. I recieved a very special gift from Juan Carlos tonight - a beautiful painting he did. I do hope you can go to facebook and see it. I will frame it and proudly hang it on my wall. Many of the kids are very artistic. It was great to see them use their imagination and create some awesome things this week. A five day old baby boy was brought to the home late this afternoon. His name is David Andres, we will call him Andres, and he weighed 5 lbs 1 ounce. He is truly a beautiful baby! Lucky me got to hold him for quite a while after he arrived. Then I took him up to Felis and she weighed him and gave him a bath. Everyone is very excited to have a baby here.. I am so thankful for Eagle's Nest being able to provide a loving enviornment to babies that are abandoned for whatever reason. He happended to be left at the hospital down the road. You can imagine I will be hugging on him as much as possible while I am here. The wind here has been crazy! It is always worse at night! Weather channel said 27 mph for Solola, where I am, but we are on the very top of a mountain so I would venture to guess the winds have been 30 mph at least, probably gusts up to 35 or 40. They can knock you over at times. Thank goodness for ear plugs or I would not be sleeping a wink!! I will try and post every couple days and hopefully can get the photos to download. Thank you for your prayers and keeping up with my journey here at EN. Love, Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment