Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kids and Projects

Enrique and Rudy walking Miriam to school - So Sweet

My time here is coming to an end.  The thing is, although it will be hard to say goodbye, the fact that I know I will be returning makes it much easier on the Heart.  So many stories to share, not enough time.
Have been helping the kids with homework in the afternoon.  Some really struggle and need encouragement.
Yesterday's homework included coloring so they all wanted to show artwork.







Chema, who has been with EN for many years, came with Mercado to fix a ceiling fan in the babies room.
The workers here are all so wonderful with the children.  


Chema and his little helpers, supervising Mercado

Please, please, please can I help?

Alex got to help carry the ladder


Late today I noticed the workers with the concrete mixer down by the "concha."  A concrete
sport court that they are building bathroom.  They had an assembly line and were passing the mixed
concrete to be poured into walls.  Tried to get a close up photo so you could see the worker standing
precariously on a board and then pouring the concrete into the walls. It was great team work.

Came back a bit later and they had started moving the concrete mixer up the VERY steep sidewalk.  The sidewalk was a dirt path a few years ago.  Projects are continually ongoing and keep the workers busy.
They slowly moved the mixer up the walk amidst sounds of laughter. I got tickled just listening to them.   I don't know who had the worse end of the deal, the two in front or the four in the rear.  It was just great to hear them laughing and carrying on as they worked.  They all work very hard around here.
Notice the steep incline


After a short break near the top of the hill they regrouped and finished hauling it up the hill.  You get breathless walking the steep sidewalk slow, much less hauling a concrete mixer up it!!
They finished a sidewalk today after hauling many buckets of rock up the same steep hill.  No concrete mixture for that project.  They just mixed it in the rock driveway.


Sweet little Ms. Valerie has produced a dirty diaper almost every time I have held or feed her her bottle.  The mamma's started counting with me and I am up to nine changes.  It has been fun to laugh with them about how many minutes I will have to hold her before it is time to have a diaper change.
Valerie


Rosita

Wendy


Marta, Paola, Maria?  (twin anita, can't tell them apart)
Sweet Victoria

Raul pushing Paolo



Elana

Can you say "trouble"


Mynor and Jose Manual helping with laundry
Flory

Christina

Claudia

 Just a few photos of some of the kids. I love them all and will miss them.  So blessed and honored to be able to serve at this wonderful ministry. 

Thanks for your prayers, support, and encouragement,
Denise

If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;
but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.  1 Corinthians 13:3








1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can't believe you're on your way back home! Feels like it went fast! And I'm sure for you, it felt even faster! Safe travels, D!

    ReplyDelete