Saturday, February 9, 2013

Saying Goodbye

Well, today was full of many hugs and kisses!!  Got up early and finished packing so I could spend a few hours with kids before heading to Guatemala City with Pedro and Felis. To my surprise three new faces were at the breakfast table!!  Three siblings were brought to the Home late last night.


Not sure the whole story but they were found in a Hotel room and brought to EN.  They all seemed very happy and seemed to be getting along with the other children very well.  Felis and I went to the dungeon (basement) and picked out clothes for them.  

   It appeared that Ever had just woke up - I will miss him.


         Got to love and hug on Valerie.

 Miriam and ? (memory gone blank)

The youngest girl is finally letting me take photos without sneaking up and her and has stopped crying as much.  And I can't recall her name!!  They are both very sweet and beautiful.

   Sweet Elana called me Mamma most of the time.   It just melts my heart. 


 The kids love the self portraits.  Not so attractive with my squint lines - but it's not about me.  Sweet Flory.
Will miss her smiles and giggles.
Group photo with all the girls that live on the 3rd floor.  I slept on the third floor with them in a room that is to be for the Mamma's up until last week. Got to spend a lot of time with them.  Love them all.
The older girls from left to right, Paola, Rosita, and Onoria.

   The twins are very hard to tell apart.  I know when Maria smiles and has 
    the missing tooth who is who.  Maria and Anita.


Group photo with the boys that are on the first floor.  The older boys are in one room and the youngest in another.  It hasn't been easy to get group photos but since it was my last day they all agreed.  Plus I gave each of the children 5Q (about .65 cents) to buy a soda or Chiclets.  I tried to find them something in the market but too hard since so many different ages.  Went for the money.  They were all very excited!!  
                    
                                                               












 Pablo is growing up


Youngest boys loved the money

Dear little Marvin

               


 Little Ms. Lizzy is full of personality and cuteness.  She started saying my name very clearly the past couple of weeks.  And she even called me Mamma the past few days.  Pretty big deal.  She is not easily persuaded.

Felis loving on Vickie before we leave


 I was able to say goodbye to Job and his family yesterday.  They are all wonderful and I am so excited about what the future holds for them at EN.










It is hard not to get emotional saying goodbye.  Had to hold back tears a few times but great comfort in knowing that I will return. My days here have been full of love, laughter and wonderful memories. I believe in this awesome ministry and will be involved in it for the rest of my life.  I know that they love God and pray for his guidance and direction in all they do.  They are not perfect, no one is, but they walk the walk and I am proud to be able to  serve alongside them.

Have a very early flight - have more to share about my last day but most close for now.

Praying for a  smooth travel day tomorrow,

Denise

“Speak up for people who cannot speak for themselves. Protect the rights of all who are helpless. Speak for them and be a righteous judge. Protect the rights of the poor and needy.”  Proverbs 31:8-9







No comments:

Post a Comment