Sunday, January 5, 2014

Church at Eagle's Nest

I have written in past blogs about the simplicity of church here at Eagle's Nest.  The green plastic chairs are set out before church and the mobile sound system is set up.  Felis usually runs the computer so the words to the songs can be projected on the cement wall above us.  The curtains in the background are really the only decor you see.

 It certainly brings home that it is not the building or how elaborate it is that makes a church; but the people inside.  Not that I don't love beautiful churches for I truly do.  It is just different when you experience worship in this type of environment.


A large team is here and they have been teaching the children new songs all week that they performed at church this morning.   I was lucky today and I knew all the songs in English so was easier to try and sing them in Spanish.  They even learned to sing a song with sign language. They all did a great job and I was so proud of them.  (Can't get the video to upload, with try and post it on Facebook)

Sooner or later I am going to be fluent in this language and singing songs in Spanish that I know in English might be the way to do it.  I sat next to a sweet little girl who is new to the Home and I don't know her name yet. She kept wanting to hold my hand and of course I let her.  It is wonderful to be back. I am so grateful for the chance to be able to hold hands, sing songs, play, laugh, and love on these kids.
Sing praises to God, sing praises!  Psalm 47:6

2 comments: