Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Grublets and New Children


Quick update that Juan Carlos and Maria seem to be adjusting really well to being here at Eagle's Nest.  They were doing homework with the other children when I visited this afternoon.  Maria always has a smile on her face and runs to greet me.  (not that I am special, she does this with most everyone!)

I made a quick trip to Xela yesterday with the Patlan's and Block's.  They had dentist appointments and I hooked up with Ronne and Courtney who are in Guatemala with Orphan Outreach.  I was able to help the team get a workroom cleaned out and organized.  Great team, great place, wish I would've had more time with them. 


Highlight of day was being able to stop and take clothes to the "Grublets".
Claire helped pick out clothes for them before she left, and she was right
on the money on what sizes they needed!!  Extra little boy showed up but had extra jean and shirt to be safe and it was perfect!  Thanks Claire!
The mother saw us get out of van and ran to house to tell the kids.  They started running towards us from a field behind the house.  I was so glad to meet the mom was at home and had brought a pair of jeans in case they might fit.  They were many sizes to big but she motioned she would just rope then up.  Hope it works for she is tiny and oh so sweet!! I heard he tell them to make sure and say "Gracias" as we left.  But they did that on their own. 
Felis, Andrianna, Dorian and the Block family hadn't met them before so very cool that it worked out they were home and we could stop.
Adorable little family and so appreciative!

 They were very excited about the little backpacks also.

My time here is coming to an end in a couple of weeks and it i
sad to think about it so trying not to.  I have been so blessed to
to have this extended time here and will make the most of the days
I have with these adorable children.  So many stories to share,
not enough time.  Blessings to you.
Claudia and Onoria - growing up

Anna - one of the wonderful "mamma's"

Marisol - putting her in my suitcase

Sweet Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment