Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sundays




 Church is always wonderful even though I can't understand everything that is said.  I am getting better at the songs (unless they are really fast) and pick u'p enough on Sermon to get the jest of it.  The kids are always dressed in 'Church clothes and are just adorable.  Church is held in the middle of the School, the band is a cd, the seating is green plastic chairs that are put out that a.m., and the music is song by the congregation. (the words are put up on the concrete wall via laptop and projector)  This Sunday will be my last Church service to attend while I am here.  I will miss it.


 

After church this past Sunday I headed down to Pana to catch a boat across to Santa Cantarina.
As always, it is hard to describe the beauty of this place.

I chose to go on the Public transportation boat but end up no
one but myself showed up so had a private cruise across.
The thought did cross my mind as we left that maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do - but too late.
I will have to say I have never in the least bit felt in danger or concerned about my safety while I have been here.  The people have been nothing but honest and courteous everywhere I have been.
I adored the little wooden canoes lined up on the shore at Santa Canterena.
Would love to have one of those on Lake Austin!
Women had fabrics hanging by ropes along a fence that lined the cobblestone walkway.
Beautiful colors.
I was the only tourist in sight.  It was a treat to be able to join a few of the locals 
inside the Church for prayer.
I have decided that shopping alone is very dangerous for me under these circumstances.
This adorable little girl, Norma, was working alone in this little booth.
Guess her to be around 8 or 9 years old.
She helped me pick out a small piece of the pottery they are known for 
for $5.00.  Couldn't pass it up.

I saw quite a few children that day out on the streets alone.  Usually an older sibling is taking care of a younger sibling if they aren't working.
The little girl that was behind me when I snapped this photo ran up to the little
boy and told him to ask me for 1Q for taking the photo.  (15cents)
You see young children working in the fields, walking on the roads with loads on their backs,  working in the markets, and most everywhere. They probably work more by age 10 than I did by the age 20.
It is just a way of life for them.  Sorta puts things into perspective. 
Leave in less than a week  - prayers that I can hold it together during good byes would be
appreciated.  Blessings to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment