Thursday, February 23, 2012

Homecomings

Arrived home late this afternoon.  Instead of sharing about my homecoming - I would like to share about a very special homecoming that occured today at Eagle's Nest in Guatemala.

Ever and Jeni were brought to Eagle's Nest about a year and a half ago on the very day that I was leaving with an ACF team in June 2010.  So grateful Claire snapped this photo of us right after they arrived.
Mynor, a younger brother was brought to Eagle's Nest in the past year so he could be with his siblings.
Earlier in the week Felis had shared that they youngest of the siblings, Kevin, had been located and was living in another Children's Home.  The decision was made to move him to Eagle's Nest so he could be with his siblings. 


Felis had told me about this at the beginning of the week and of course I was praying he would arrive before I left so I could witness the reunion.   That didn't happen but who cares.  Look at these wonderful photos of Ever, Jeni and Mynor being reunited with their brother Kevin after two years. 






Ever had told Felis and Claire that he worried about his little brother and it would make him so happy if he was with them.  He knew nothing of him coming until his arrival today.  Not to take anything away from Jeni and Mynor, but Ever being the oldest  I am sure he feels responsible for them all.  I assume that it has weighed heavy on his heart and I am overcome with joy and happiness for them to be reunited.


Jeni, Mynor, Ever, and Kevin.
                                                      Ever said now his life was complete!  
Wished I could give them all a big hug and tell them that I love them and am praying for them!!
Will just have to wait till next time I go - and for sure will be a next time.

Even though I am no longer at Eagle's Nest I have many stories and photos to share so will continue to blog about my journey for awhile.  Will share about my departure and homecoming tomorrow.
Thanks for keeping up with my journey - it means a lot!!

No comments:

Post a Comment