Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Projects

This morning I went into Solola as early as I could to get more paint to finish painting the girls room and run a few errands.  The taxi dropped me off and I couldn't pass up one last walk through the Market. I absolutely love it.


 
The girls were soooo excited when they got in from school yesterday and saw me painting.  I had told them it wouldn't be painted until the next big group came to Eagle's Nest so they were surprised. (Hope you like it Mama Clarita!)  Amy said someone was making comforters with pink in them so hopefully she has enough to make curtains too!  Will really look great. 
As I was walking from the paint store to the carpenter store I stumbled upon a Parade!
Had no clue what they were celebrating but was glad I had my camera handy.  As I am posting this and looking at photos I realize it is for Mardi Gras!!  


Got really lucky on the photo collage, thanks to Ronne who brought the prints to Guatemala! Took it to the carpenter Thursday and begged to have it ready today so I could put it in Home before I left.  He had it ready and turned out great!!  The "Mamma's" saw me unload from taxi so got to see it first.  They really liked it.
I really had just put the paint lid on the can when the kids started coming in from school so I rushed to get camera.  So adorable watching them find themselves on the collage.  A couple of them came up and said they weren't on it but I had checked and double checked to make sure no one was left off so helped them locate.  It's the small things.
 
Since I have shared about some home decor, will show you the cute hangers I finally found.  Had been looking for something that would like okay with rest of Home.  They were originally plant hangers and Claire and I thought some cute wind chimes or something might work.  Found these cute hangers and they look great.
The Rocking chairs are a long story.  Basically, have been looking for some sturdy wooden ones since I arrived.  One in the Home needed replacing badly.  Have looked, and looked, and looked every time I went to town.  Finally last thursday driving down the road Felis and I passed up a truck loaded with rocking chairs!!  Followed them on highway for quite a while, then lost them.  Then had to stop for errand.  Then get into the little village of Solola on the narrow streets and tada!  The truck had pulled over and stopped.  Made a quick deal through the window while cars honked.  He followed us to Eagle's Nest.  Put them together and polished them up (got 2) and took them inside for us!!  I had pretty much given up hope and had told Felis I would just leave her funds for them so was elated to find them before I left.   It's the small things.
So today, Tuesday, I went down to help with Manna and let the kiddos know I was leaving tomorrow.
Ends up after they ate a lot of kids got pushed in pool.  Many giggles and laughter for about a half hour.
Swim day for the Manna Kids is Wednesday so they bring a towel and bathing suits are in a big plastic bin that EN provides and they leave each week.  Very few ended up staying dry, including me.  Not sure what I did to deserve it but this adorable little girl, I believe she is the child of Domingo who helps prepare and serve the Manna meals, clung to my neck while we watched and giggled too.  It's the small things.

After pool festivities all the Manna Kids started walking home.  I said good bye to a few and then went on ahead of them to take photos of the 3rd floor addition that is being worked on at the Home.

 As I came down walkway a big group of Manna kids had just come up from pool and they came over and said "Adios" one by one and each gave me a big hug. It was so unexpected and truly touched my heart.


                                                          It truly is the Little things in Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment