Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Ooops - what day is it?


Well, I have for sure been on Guatemala time for I rarely know what day it is and for sure don't know the date!  Usually know when it is a Sunday or Monday because of church and start of school week.  Other than that - not so much.  My dear friend Cindy had to break the news to me Sunday that I was indeed not here for 6 more weeks, I only had a few days over a month!  I was truly sad to hear that news!!

So today, I wake up and get dressed so that after morning devotion with kids at school I can get a taxi to Panajachal.  Need to do some shopping for the Children'sHome, was to meet a family for lunch and then go to the awesome Crossroads Coffee shop.  They are missionaries from the U.S. that have been here many years and met them on my first trip here.  They have wonderful coffee from the area!

But, I was walking with Larry to get my passport to change over money and it somehow comes up that it is Wednesday.  I say no, it is Thursday, he is pretty sure it is Wednesday but to confirm we ask Todd who is walking by.  And he confirms it is indeed Wednesday.  So, all dressed up and nowhere to go.  Thank goodness I discovered this bit of information before I went to the Pollo Campero at noon!  I would of had a long wait!   I had told all the kiddos last night I wouldn't be around today when I said good night to them.  Crazy American for sure!  So, off to plan B.  Going to put paint clothes back on and finish up some things, do some cleaning, help with Manna, and love on the kiddos.  It will be a great day!! 


On another note, I woke up last saturday with a pretty bad back ache.  Couldn't stand upright and the first thing that came to mind was the people I see working in the area that transport items on their back.  I can't even imagine.  Claire and I drove by someone and I was unable to get my camera out quick enough to show you a man with five cinder blocks in a burlap sack on his back.  I had seen him back up this huge stack of cinder blocks and wondered what he was doing.  Then realized he had strapped on this sack with what looked like thick wood sticks to the front of his chest for support.

Absolutely amazing.  So, I didn't feel the need to complain about my back pain.  Simply tried to do some stretches and walked around bent over for most of day and by end of day I was all good.  (flashbacks of airport with Kristen when we both had to walk bent over.  It was hilarious)
 
Anyway, if you are having a bad day at the office, just think it for sure could be worse!  Have a wonderful day and will let you know how the trip to Pana goes on THURSDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment