Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Johnny to the Hospital


This morning I was able to ride with Felis to take Johnny to get checked into the hospital.  We picked he and his mom up at the end of trail that leads to their home and his father met us at the hospital.  Johnny will be undergoing tests to confirm that the lump is in fact Lymphoma.  Please pray that it is not.  His mother helps 5 days a week at Eagle's Nest with the Manna Feeding program and they are part of the family that hosted lunch saturday.
 Because the lump has grown and became painful Friday the Dr. instructed that he be taken to the Emergency Room this morning when she was working to be checked in.  Although this hospital is drastically different than what we are accustomed to in the U.S. I am extremely grateful for it.
I didn't want to offend the Dr. or nurses by taking a lot of photos so I didn't. 
It is truly insignificant.  The bottom line is Johnny could have a very serious health challenge ahead of him depending on what they find out from the tests.
What was to be an overnight stay for little Johnny will be a several night stay now.  The Dr. felt it best he stay in hospital since the lump has become painful.  If treatment is required he will be have to be moved to a private childrens hopsital which will be very costly and I will pass those details along as soon as I get them should you want to contribute.

When I left the hospital I kept thinking of how many children I am blessed to have in my life and how my heart would ache if it is one of them.  Although he hasn't been in my life as long, my heart aches just the same.  I hope to see him again tommorrow and will hug him, laugh with him, and love on him.  Communicating that is easy regardless of the language barrier. 
As I was leaving he asked that I take a photo of he and his dad.  So grateful for your prayers for Johnny.

Col 3:14 And the most important piece of clothing I must wear is love


No comments:

Post a Comment