Sunday, January 1, 2012

Made it!

Well, I arrived at Solola,Guatemala about 6:00 p.m. New Year's Eve. I was to meet up with a team that was delayed by 12 hours so Pedro and his son Dorian came and picked me up in Guatemala City. Very thankful for them doing that!

As I sit and write this fireworks are still going off in celebration of the New Year. (it is 9:00 a.m.)I went to bed at 10:30 (yes with earplugs since I sleep so lite) but heard what sounded like cannons going off at midnight so got up to see. The view from this mountaintop is incredible and last night I was surrounded by fireworks! Across the lake, behind the Home, below in the village, everywhere I looked. The sounds echoing in the mountains were amazing.
So, I got a good night's sleep and am off to see the kiddos and ladies (mama's) that work in the home. I know many of them from previous trips and am excited to reunite with them.
This blog will allow me to share a little about my journey here in Guatemala the next two months. My prayer is to embrace the journey God has put before me.
This trip would not be possible without the encouragement, love and support I have received - and I truly will be forever grateful.

4 comments:

  1. We are so happy to have you back here to work and love on our kids.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to have you here Denise and can't wait to get to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am so happy for you girl! I will be following your blog and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it safely. Looking forward to reading about it through your blog.

    Take care,
    Greg

    ReplyDelete