Saturday, January 21, 2012

Earthquake in Guat

So I got back from a short trip to the store.  Larry was kind enough to take me.  I didn't have enough Guatemala money with me and had to put back groceries!!  Left my atm card in the room for didn't think I needed it.  Forgot about spending money on shoes so was a bit short.  Oh well, I will go back and get the yummy rotiesserie chicken another time. 
Get to my room and get groceries unloaded.  Sit on couch to Skype my brother and I start feeling the building shake.  Think it is just from workers below, but the whole room starts shaking and I can see the wood balcony railings moving.  Realize it is an earthquake.  Didn't know if I should run out door or what.  It went on for quite a long time.  So I just sat frozen on my couch looking at the railing.  I guess if something would of broke or shattered I would of gotten off the couch!!  Anyway, it was quite scary.  I left the room to go and check on everyone at school.  Saw Amy and Thelmy outside my room.  All was good, just not something I experience in Texas!!  Felt a small tremor the last time I was here but nothing like this.

Here is link about magnitude of earthquake in case you are interested.

Just wanted to share!  All good here!!

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc0007pnj.php

No comments:

Post a Comment